Friday 12 August 2011

Koyote: ‘We Stand Together After Turbulent Period’


Koyotae releases new album as a three member group after a five-year break, and they have a goal to hold their first solo concert.
Singing group Koyotae (Kim Jong Min, Shin Ji, Paek Ga) will release a new album entitled “Good Good Han” after a five-year break on August 18. They have greatly been loved by people with their hit songs such as “Genuine,” “Miryon,” and “Demonstration,” and they stopped holding activities when Kim Jong Min joined the military by serving as a public service worker one year after they released their sixth album in 2006.



Kim Jong Min was discharged from the military in 2009, but they had to hold activities separately as Paek Ga had to go through a surgical operation due to a brain tumor last year in January. Members all agreed that they had a hard time for the past five years while they were holding individual activities. Kim Jong Min said, “When I made a comeback to the variety program ‘One Night and Two Days’ right after I was discharged from my military obligation, everything was really difficult. As if a bird has to struggle in an egg before it hatches, I have struggled to become a bird for five years. But thanks to the difficult period, I could realize that I was not weak as I thought and I found myself strong.”

Shin Ji said, “Every bad thing happened to me over the past five years. I was mentally ill and I wandered. I came to have stage fright. But as we three members are working together again, my insomnia and annoyance have all disappeared. I am very excited and feel happy now. I could gather up my mind progressively thanks to the past five years.”

Paek Ga had a struggle against a disease and he revealed that he spent a time of patience and appreciation. He said, “When I could not play music nor take pictures due to my disease, I had to wait with patience, and when my health was recovered, I appreciated everything while living.”



Koyotae members have obtained positive attitudes and it has reflected in their new album, which is filled with their own bright melodies. Group members introduced the album by saying, “The key point of this new album is a harmony between the style of Koyotae and new things.” The title song entitled “Good Good Time” is dance music with a bright house rhythm and electronic sound. Group vocalist Shin Ji tried rapping for the first time, and Paek Ga, who is well known to be the best friend of star actor and singer Rain, wrote interesting lyrics, saying, “I am an entertainer, but people tend to call me 'a friend of Rain.'”
The song entitled “If You Don't Like It Now” that was already released online on August 10 features Shin Ji’s emotional vocals, and a dance song entitled “Let’s Go Out” presents distinguished acoustic instrument use. Paek Ga became a member of Korea Music Copyright Association by writing lyrics for the song “Let It Try.” Shin Ji said, “When we recorded songs, two other members praised my voice. I am happy the most when members praise me.”



Koyotae debuted 13 years ago in 1998 and they have kept the group even though individual members were changed. They all agreed that they could keep their group thanks to their sincere understanding and consideration towards other members. Kim Jong Min joined in 2001 and Paek Ga joined in 2003. Shin Ji said, “Male members have shown careful consideration to me. As two members joined this group after me, I have played the role of leader of the group, but they always lead me in any decisive moment.
On the outside we seem to have quarrels very often, but actually we always worry about the other members and agonize over how we can better take care of the other members

We all have different characteristics, so we do not need to give extra efforts to be distinguished within the group. Paek Ga said with a smile, “Shin Ji is the leader of Koyotae and she is like a mother to us. We are grown up now, so it is our turn to repay our mother’s care.” He explained their relationship by saying, “A triangle needs three lines to form it. Like this, we have to stay together to form a group. We try to give positive energy to each other.”

Koyotae members have set a new goal as they release this album. It is holding their first solo concert. They said, “Our goal is not having competition with idol groups. We have not held our own concert so far, and we want to hold our first concert. It will be very exciting if we sing our hit songs at the concert. We will start with a simple thing.”

source: KBS GLOBAL

I CRY READ THIS NEWS even  before that  i'm just use translation... 

1 comment:

  1. Great topic
    KOYOTE Forever !!
    thank you ..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...