Tuesday 16 October 2012

Kim Jong Min, “Father drowned when I was 18…I blamed him…”

kpopfever

Kim Jong Min mentioned his father for the first time.

Kim Jong Min appeared on the October 16th installment of KBS 2TV’s ‘Kim Seung Woo’s Seungseung Jang Gu’ (aka, ‘Win Win’) with MC’s Kim Seung Woo, Tak Jae Hoon, and Lee Soo Geun.


On the program, Kim Jong Min opened up to say, “My father passed away suddenly when I was 18 years old.”

Kim Jong Min said remembering, “My father was a taxi driver then he wrapped that up to open a sashimi restaurant by the seaside. There was a high tide and he had an accident trying to park. My uncle was in the car too but because the force of the water was so strong they couldn’t get my father out.”

Kim Jong Min shared, “I think that was the time I cried the most in my life. It felt like the whole world was a dream. It felt like a lie. The tears didn’t even come at first. Once I confirmed that it was my father, the tears started to come.”

Kim Jong Min was only 18 years old and he wasn’t the kind of kid that actually listened to his father. Kim Jong Min confessed, “I talked to my father only over the phone the day before he passed away. My father told me to go to school. I used to skip school to go dance and stuff. After my father passed away, I was hurting but on the other hand, I felt that I became more solid.”

But Kim Jong Min also shared, “I also felt victimized because of my father’s death then and I even blamed my father.”

Image: KBS ‘Win Win’
Source: Newsen via Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...